Join Our Team!
The Kelowna Chamber is a non-profit organization and a diverse, equal opportunity employer. We are the largest and most influential business organization in the BC Interior. With over 1000 members we strive to advocate on our community's behalf, provide continual high-level business support, education, and networking opportunities. Greater together; the Kelowna Chamber is growing the people who power the Okanagan.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Full Time: Monday to Friday; 7hrs. per day
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Member Services Manager, the Events Coordinator’s daily activities are essential to driving member retention and attraction through the delivery of valued high-quality events, programs, and services. As one of the primary points of contact for our members, the role is responsible for addressing any questions members may have, coordinating Chamber programs and events, and maintaining the Chamber’s member database (CRM).
The role and responsibilities include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Coordinate Chamber events and programs ensuring workplans are developed and implemented.
- Coordinate member events including new member receptions, ribbon cutting events, etc.
- Assist the Member Services Manager with coordinating the Ambassador Program (volunteers).
- Assist with keeping the Chamber’s member database (CRM) up to date by adding new members, overseeing cancelations, and keeping member contact information up to date.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new members in alignment with the Chamber’s membership retention plan including the prep and distribution of new member welcome bags.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of membership annual renewal packages.
- Collaborate with sales team to ensure fulfillment of event sponsor deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional teams to further the strategic objectives of the Chamber.
- Continually explore ways to be more efficient, effective, and creative.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Member Services Manager
Experience, Requirements, and Qualifications:
- Experience in planning and coordination of events required.
- Maintenance of a high standard in customer-service, communication, professionalism, organization, detail-orientation, and privacy/confidentiality practices a requirement.
- Experience with various software and high comfort level working with CRMs (Customer Relationship Management system) required.
- Professional and effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent collaboration, teamwork, interpersonal and relationship building skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Higher level of creativity and innovation an asset.
- Previous experience working in a small but busy team an asset.
- Previous experience working in a chamber of board of trade an asset.
- Formal education in administration or event planning/management is an asset.
- Understand and exemplify the Chamber’s core values of Trust, Passion, Shared Ownership, Continual Improvement, and Positive Work Environment.
- This role is currently Full Time: 5 days per week; 7 hours per day; 1 hour lunch break.
- Attendance at Chamber events outside of regular work hours will be required and, in these circumstances, work time will be adjusted to avoid overtime.
- Due to the nature of this position, the role primarily requires work to be done from the Kelowna Chamber Office as well as off-site in the community.
- All technical equipment is provided enabling work to be conducted at the office or elsewhere if needed.
Benefits of joining the Chamber team:
- Comprehensive extended health care benefit plan.
- Opportunity to participate in joint RRSP program.
- A flexible work environment that includes an evolved work from home policy.
- Team building is continual but includes at least two staff celebration/outings each year that are organized at the Chamber’s expense to celebrate the team and its accomplishments.
- Opportunity to be part of a provincial and national network where career and professional growth is endless.
- Regular training, coaching, and mentorship on industry best practices and personal skill development is entrenched in annual workplans.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled by the most qualified applicant. We thank all applicants for their electronic submissions; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are the indispensable business organization in Kelowna and area.
We exist to foster a positive business environment by providing members with leadership, advocacy, and services of value.
Positive Work Environment