March 8 is International Women’s Day (IWD), an opportunity to celebrate and recognize women’s and girls’ contributions and achievements. It also marks a call to action to accelerate gender equality.
Despite remarkable progress, the Canadian Women’s Foundation shares that the gender pay gap persists with women making 89 cents for every dollar men make. Understanding and embracing equity is a prerequisite to achieving gender equality. While progress on the overall number of women in senior leadership continues, research shows its growth is slow.
Below are a number of resources on work being done to cast light on gender diversity, and ways to accelerate positive change.
• The State of Women’s Entrepreneurship in Canada 2022. Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub.
• Grant Thornton’s Women in Business 2023 Report
• Women and Gender Equality Canada –International Women’s Day
• Accelerating Progress on Gender Equality
• Canadian Chamber Council for Women's Advocacy
• Championing Women in Business in Canada: A toolkit to help employers recruit, retain, and promote more women and bring them onto boards.
• See it. Be it. Women entrepreneurs beyond the stereotypes. Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub.